I'm still looking for the perfect Zucchini Bread

Ever since I found the perfect Zucchini bread at the Watkinsville Farmers' Market last year, I have searched for that ONE perfect recipe- perfectly spiced, perfectly moist, and a rich brown color inside and out. I still haven't found it. Instead, I came across a recipe that while not dessert worthy, it makes a nice bread for a meal. Not as sweet as that perfect loaf, it has a mild flavor that will work well as a side dish. The other complaint I have with this loaf is the color. It's pale, pasty, and well, rather ugly. None the less, it makes for a decent addition to any meal.
I can't remember where I found this recipe online, so forgive me for not giving credit.

ZUCCHINI BREAD

Oven 325 degrees

Makes 2 QTY 8x4 loaves

2 mixing bowls

In the first bowl, whisk together
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 TSP cinnamon
1 TSP baking soda
1/4 TSP baking powder
1 TSP salt

In the second bowl mix with a blender until frothy
2 cups white sugar
2 TSP vanilla extract
3 eggs
Then add
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup vegetable oil
Mix well

Add dry to the wet and mix until well blended

Stir in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Grease and flour 2QTY 8x4 bread pans

Bake 1 hour 10 minutes at 325 degrees
or until a knife comes out clean from the center.



No comments:

Post a Comment